Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Retirement Plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Retirement Plans

    How much have you lost in the past few months? I hope all of you are doing better than I am. Have lost more money in the market and my 401K this year than I ever thought possible. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    I refuse to look.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    I've lost consistently for several quarters. Don't know the amount - not going to get worked up over it.

    Dad has lost tens of thousands - he has to push his retirement back.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've lost consistently for several quarters. Don't know the amount - not going to get worked up over it.

    Dad has lost tens of thousands - he has to push his retirement back. </div></div>

    Your Dad might find this useful. Hope it helps.
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Ret...umentid=9256669
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    Can't say I blame you. The Dow is down to 7,552.29 as of this afternoon. I have been buying some risky stocks so I am really getting hit. Still buying though. In reality this should be the best time to buy but so far it hasn't quite panned out.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  6. #6
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    Thank goodness I don't have to worry about the stock market, I refuse to invest in it. I have seen several family members lose a ton of money when 9/11 hit, they rode it out and finally started to get back some of what they lost and now the financial crisis has hit them hard again. I refuse to invest my money that way so I invested in Real Estate and so far it has worked out nicely and I don't have to worry from day to day if I am going to lose all my money, that is too stressful.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    The market will eventually have an effect on real estate also. Wish you hadn't mentioned that. I had put it out of my mind. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] The good thing with stocks is you don't lose unless you freak out and sell. It's all just on paper if you can ride it out. But right now my paper looks pretty bad. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

    If you don't see real estate as stressful I need to talk to you. Sounds like I need some pointers.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    Actually the rental market is normally stronger when economy is bad because you have less people buying and more people renting so right now it isn't that bad as an investor. Plus, you get your best buys right now with foreclosures and it being a buyers market. It's kinda sad but a Real Estate investor makes his fortunes of the misfortunes of others, most notably FORECLOSURE.

    Some aspect of real estate will suffer but not the rental part IMO, as long as you get a good qualified renter in your places.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    I'm particular about my renters. That, and keeping everything rented is not a problem. Sometimes you need to sell and buy something else to get the most bang for your buck. Now definately is not the time to sell and I would like to sell at least 1.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  10. #10
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Retirement Plans

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PVVikeFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much have you lost in the past few months? I hope all of you are doing better than I am. Have lost more money in the market and my 401K this year than I ever thought possible. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] </div></div>
    why worry?

    comrade hussein odumbo will take care of us all
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •